Personal protective equipment
It is important that employer and employee can work in a safe manner. A safe and healthy workplace reduces the chance that someone will suffer damage or injury. Creating a safe working environment starts with tackling the risks at the source. If the risks cannot be sufficiently eliminated, personal protective equipment (PPE) must be made available by the employer.
What are personal protective equipment?
Personal protective equipment is equipment that protects vulnerable and vital parts of the body. PPE protects against specific hazards such as falling from a dangerous distance, flying particles that can get into the eyes and inhaling toxic substances. Below is a list of different types of personal protective equipment:
- Respiratory protection. Examples: vapor masks, fine dust masks, dust caps.
- Hearing protection. Examples: ear muffs, hearing aids.
- Face protection. Examples: face masks.
- Arm and hand protection. Examples: gloves, transfer sleeves
- Head protection. Examples: safety helmets, safety caps, work hats.
- Eye protection. Examples: over-glasses, wide-vision goggles.
- Fall protection. Examples: fall belts, safety harnesses, fall arrest devices.
- Work clothes. Examples: work clothes, chemical resistant overalls.
- Work shoes.
- Safety boots.
This makes it easy at WorkwearOnline.shop to choose the right PPE that is required for the work you are going to perform.